Wednesday, January 14, 2009

the beach, the sun, and all things nature

My mini adventures this winter have made me realize that I absolutely love the ocean. Being a surfer is out of the question due to my paralyzing fear of sharks, but I definitely can't see myself living anywhere unsuitable for a day trip to the beach.

This is from a trip to Pigeon Point with Andrea. What started as an over-night stay quickly turned into a day trip upon disappointing news about their newly non-functioning hot tub. We had planned on staying at the hostel in preparation for our Europe trip this coming June, but chose to enjoy the tide pools before heading outta there!






The weather was beautiful this past weekend, so my roommate Meghan and I headed out for a bike ride through Golden Gate Park and along the beach. She took me to this stunning place with an incredible vantage point of the beach and ocean. I was in love with the place, gazing up at the birds wondering what it would be like to soar above the ground like them. Next time I go there on a sunny day I'm wearing a bikini, lathering on the sunscreen, and bringing my journal...which reminds me, I should write in that soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment