Friday, June 12, 2009

summer travels

You know the feeling you get when things are going really well, and you think it couldn't get any better...and then it does? It's a damn good feeling.

Life has been going really well for me lately. My job at the PUC ends in a few days and a summer nannying job just fell into my lap. I met the 10 month old girl last night and she's adorable. And! she weighs less than the 5 month old I've been taking care of for the last couple months. The forces above, if they do indeed exist, surely have my back (both figuratively and literally).

Monday morning I awoke from a dream in which I was visiting Jenna in Argentina. Jenna's one of my best friends and she's been studying abroad in Buenos Aires since late January. Though the time has been flying by due to my busy schedule, I miss that lady! So anyways, in this dream I go to visit her but have to leave the day after I arrive because of some obligation back in SF. I had this excited feeling in the dream because I was in another country for vacation! I was kicking myself because I didn't want to leave and regretted spending all that money on a plane ticket just for one day. When I awoke I said out loud, "I'm going to Argentina." I messaged Jenna, told her I was going to come for a visit, and made an appointment for vaccinations and my passport. Tuesday I got my birth certificate and passport, and vaccinations come next week. Jenna wants to travel to Bolivia, so that's what we're going to do. My travel book on Bolivia makes it sound so magical and the photos are gorgeous! I'll be down there for the better part of July, missing 4th of July (Sorry Andrea). But hey, I think anyone would miss a holiday for a trip like this. I've only been outside of the country to visit Mexico, and that was a few times when I was much younger. Definitely looking forward to this trip as an adult, on my own. Here's a list of things I need to do before I leave:

book flight
buy Cat Power tickets
vaccinations
get passport in the mail
spend time with friends and family
buy clothing/items I need
pack


Yes, I did include Cat Power tickets in that list. And here's where things just get even better. I woke up this morning, checked my e-mail, and found an alert for a Cat Power show in my area. It said she's playing a show in Saratoga with The Pretenders on a US tour. I get to work, check the Matador website for her other tour dates, and find out SHE'S PLAYING IN BUENOS AIRES on JULY 16TH!!! AND!!! I'm going to be in Argentina on JULY 16TH!!! So basically, my July trip will include seeing Jenna, visiting Argentina and Bolivia, AND seeing my favorite artist of all-time for the second time (and in a foreign country). So so so stoked.

My summer =


SF Pride Parade

+


Argentina

+


Bolivia

+


Cat Power

+


my birthday

+


family reunion

+


visit Dustin and Aunti Georgina in San Diego

No comments:

Post a Comment