Tuesday, June 2, 2009

one year, and onward!

As of yesterday, I have been living in San Francisco for one year!

This is the first time I've been on my own in my own place. Save all the money I was paying by myself, I don't consider my quarter-term stint at UC San Diego to be truly living on my own. I wasn't cleaning my home, making my own food, or directly paying specific bills. But now I'm doing my own dishes, sweeping my own hardwood floors, paying my own bills, and, well, you get the point.

I feel proud of myself for having successfully lived my first year here. I've made so many lovely friends and look forward to meeting more. I'm always discovering something new in this rad city, like the Howard Langton Community Garden Montgomery and I came across after finding a charcoaled turd in the SOMA. In a large city you get the good, the bad, and the ugly all wrapped up in one place. In San Francisco, though, it's so easy to see all that goodness. I'm smirking right now, just thinking about how fortunate I am to be living here, amidst all the creativity, love, and spirit of SF.

One day I hope to be living in New York, exploring all that it has to offer. I can see a late 20's Allyson thriving there. But for now, I'm happy living in SF and have so much more to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment