Monday, June 1, 2009

Sausalito

It felt as if yesterday were the length of two days. I woke up at 10am and was out the door by 11am. For a Sunday, this is usually unheard of. During the week I have to wake up so early that I value my lazy weekend mornings. This Sunday was different.

My roommates Luke, Chris, and I biked to Sausalito and back! Considering how out of shape I am, it was a pretty rough ride but definitely not as brutal as I had expected. We locked up our bikes and headed into a toy store. There I found a deck of playing cards with 3D cats on them! Luke noticed a parade going on outside the shop, so we walked out to see what was going on. I'm not sure if it was a real Catholic holiday or if the local religious-social groups of Sausalito wanted an excuse to wear furry robes and carry crosses, but there was a full band and everything. This quickly got boring, so I went back into the store to purchase my cards. Later we grabbed sandwiches at a little delicatessen and ate on the rocks along the shore. It was a little breezy, so I donned my blinding neon green wind breaker which considerably helped. Sorry Chris, next time you should wear sunglasses. When we finally made it back home, we cracked open some beers and relaxed on the front stoop. So earned.

Later we made mint chocolate chip ice cream using Luke's ice cream maker. We'd been talking about doing this for a while and finally got around to it. I must say, I never thought something could be too minty until I tasted our ice cream. Wonderfully creamy with chocolate shavings, the texture was perfect. However, the next time we make it we'll definitely need to cut the amount of mint leaves in half. It tasted as though you'd just eaten a full mint leaf with each bite of ice cream. Rather disappointing. What was also disappointing was our attemp at making waffle cones, which turned out looking a lot like pancakes. Pretty damn tasty though. Must find waffle iron if making these again.

In between checking on our ice cream mixture, we watched Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. I hadn't seen these movies since I was a little kid, so it was exciting for me (and them) because I barely remembered anything about episodes IV, V and VI. I recall this episode being my favorite because of the cute little Ewoks, namely Wicket, who help to befriend the good guys and help destroy the Death Star. I cuddled up on Chris's couch with beer stein in hand and kitty on shoulders, and thoroughly enjoyed the third episode of the better half of the Star Wars saga.

No comments:

Post a Comment