Saturday, March 21, 2009

productivity

Yesterday was Nicki's 20th birthday. We wined and dined up on her roof, dressed in our Sunday best. A beautiful night for a beautiful view. She asked if I would make cupcakes so naturally I agreed. I made lemon curd-filled vanilla cupcakes with coral (her fav color) colored buttercream frosting and coconut flakes sprinkled on top. For the special birthday girl I made this mini layer cake. Filled with a layer of lemon curd, it too is decorated with buttercream frosting and coconut flakes. Needless to say the cupcakes and cake were a bit hit and I couldn't have been happier to have been the party's dessert lady.


This morning I awoke to my first seedling sprout. The marigold must have been quite eager to emerge through that top layer of soil and out into its new world. And in just 5 days! What a lovely start to the day, I must say. Later I found myself at 24th & Castro with a bus 50 minutes away, so I walked. All the way back home. An hour long walk. A 2.2 mile walk. It was perfect. Perfect. The rain was light if present at all and the colors of the victorians popped.


I worked up quite an appetite, so my friend Mai and I used her food processor to make a Mediterranean dinner. We made falafel, hummus, baba ghanoush, tabbouleh, toasted pita, chicken strips, and greek salad. Such a feast. We couldn't be more proud of ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment