Monday, March 30, 2009

enjoy Star Wars she will

Perhaps it's the large-screen tv, my anticipation of virtually visiting Endor in Return of the Jedi, or the fact that two of my roommates can answer any question (and then some) I have regarding all six of the movies, but I'm beginning to love Star Wars. I used to nanny for this rad little dude named Charlie who was obsessed, and I mean obsessed, with Star Wars. He taught me Jedi skills and trained me in the art of light saber duals. He even quizzed me on all things Star Wars. I miss that guy. But that's not the point. The point is that I am beginning to see the light. Understanding why people dress up as Obi-Wan Kenobe and Wookies for conventions is still beyong me, but let's just say I'm giving it a fair chance.

Yoda: "I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience."
Obi-Wan: "He will learn patience."
Yoda: "Hmm. Much anger in him, like his father."
Obi-Wan: "Was I any different, when you taught me?"
Yoda: "Yes. A Jedi's strength flows from the force. But beware the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side of the force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice."



1 comment: