Thursday, April 15, 2010

I have started a new blog called so.fancy.free at Wordpress. It is a fresh start for my entrance into the food blog world, and I think it's going pretty well so far. Please let me know what you think! This blog at Blogspot will remain active for general thoughts and photographs I come across that tickle my fancy.

My mom is getting married in September to her high school sweetheart (total Lifetime flick material) and I've offered to make the wedding cake. Being that the land of tiered cakes is new to me, this is going to take a lot of research and practice. Martha Stewart's wedding section on her website is a helpful reference, but The Knot and Once Wedare even better. The color scheme is green and brown, and she wants fresh figs on the cake. Luckily she is open to suggestions with regard to the style, type, and other specifications of the cake. I love new baking challenges!


1 comment:

  1. hey jealousy!! i have a couple of wedding cake books you should look at when you come over! fig is the word!

    ReplyDelete