Monday, December 1, 2008

shedding that turkey weight

This past week has been filled with a lot of family time. On Monday and Tuesday my mom and Aunt Georgina spent some time with me in San Francisco, and on Friday I traveled to Sacramento for a weekend of partying with more relatives. This is how the week unfolds...


Meet Aunt Georgina (left). She's my favorite aunt. Shh, don't tell the others. Meet my mom (right). She's awesome. She loves Union Square's Christmas tree, even though she's a Jehovah's Witness. I don't get it either.


Meet Aunt Carlann (center). She's awesome too, I just don't get to spend enough time with her. Extremely adventurous and loves wine, particularly ones from fake-16th Century castles located in Napa Valley. Meet my Grandma (right). Her name is Lillian, but I call her Nani. She used to be an opera singer and sometimes still thinks she lives in New York City.


Meet Dave. He's my step-dad and has been such for two or three years. I cannot seem to keep track. He's a Republican and highly conservative, but I like him despite his flaws. I sneak him cupcakes and brownies behind my mom's back.


My Uncle Charles got us tickets to see Chaka Khan. She is a real diva, and by diva I mean jerk. I highly suggest that she stops playing air guitar with her cane.


I'm not too sure what to say about this, mainly because I'm not too sure why this guy was hanging around in a store. I think he would be better suited for life in the woods. He was really proud of his outfit. I'd normally call something like this a costume, but I have a hunch he looks like this on the daily and has several outfits to choose from.


Hoopla is a game, and it sucks. Meet Adrian, the cousin sitting on my right. He's Aunt Carlann's son and lives in Berkeley. He too agrees that white people look silly with dreads.

Bada ding ding ding ding woooaaahhh!

Meet Philip, the cousin sitting on my left. He's Uncle Charles' son and lives in Seattle, Washington. He and I agree that our grandma is, well, theatrical to say the least.


Thank you, Amy Sedaris, for providing me with such a wonderful carrot cake recipe. Unfortunately, my hospitality wasn't under the influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment